NEW ALBUM "The Sacred Mood" OUT NOW!

NEW ALBUM "The Sacred Mood" OUT NOW!

The Gospel According to The Press



                             

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Metal Army.Com "Top Picks of 2010": #9!




Thank you to Cyndi Jo of Metal Army. Com - for including 'Ghosts and Good Stories' at #9 in her *Top 10 of 2010* picks! Once again, we appreciate the rock love.




#9 - My Ruin “Ghosts and Good Stories”


"A lot of times in the week I am awaken by the raunchy beauty of My Ruin’s “The Horror of Beauty” tracks that my iPod shuffle likes to pick, and I am still waiting on that morning that it finally decides to choose one from their “Ghost and Good Stories” release. Creeping away from the nu-metal found in past releases, Tairrie B. and husband/band mate Mick Murphy, approach a more Southern scenic and Sabbath inspired tunes. Tairrie B.’s low growls in “La Ciudad” and “Eyes Black” denotes her raspy shrieks that seem to eclipse the record. Many might totally hate the direction My Ruin has taken– certainly, it works for them and clearly, challenges any promises."


xo

Mrs M